Any and all music discussion.

Moderator: Super Moderator

deplorable

My Love is a Gulag

Post by deplorable » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:24 pm

Sensor Echo

Re: My Love is a Gulag

Post by Sensor Echo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:47 pm

He sure sounds drunk, so the song title is fitting, but I just can't accept any song, album, or band called Alcoholica if it isn't Metallica.

deplorable

Re: My Love is a Gulag

Post by deplorable » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:09 am

Hes was a drunk at the time. Has a MFA from an Ivy League college, but threw away most of his life on drugs and alcohol. A few years ago he stopped drinking and picked up running. After that he began writing again battling it out with stephen king for the #1 slot on kindle singles, and eventually publishing a novel. He's even taught at yale. I love his work, and it inspired me to change my life style. This album, although released about a month ago, was recorded many years before the fact. After reading his book and knowing some of the history behind this album, well it makes the whole album even sadder than it is on its own. His body of work is very intresting because his 4 albums are all about heart break and drunkeness, while his most successful kindle single and his novel are about going sober. I cannot wait for his next and sober album, to see how it is.

I don't know why he chose to name it alcoholica, I have heard it being a nickname for metallica, and I will admit it is a bit of a turn off knowing that. Still though- I love this album, its all I've listened to lately. Thats probably mostly because I've been so depressed, but still, I love it.