Being an accountant sucks

Come relax and talk about life.

Moderator: Super Moderator

grim1500

Being an accountant sucks

Post by grim1500 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 am

Specifically, being an accountant at a public accounting firm, that is, doing work for businesses and individuals instead of working in an accounting department for one business, sucks. Doing tax returns for people who would try literally anything to save $2 on their taxes sucks. Doing monthly book work for businesses who have an office manager or someone else equally unqualified who screws everything up and having to correct all of it sucks. Doing audits of businesses but not being taught how to actually do an audit by the partners despite making it known you don't know what you're doing sucks ("just look at last year lol"). Not getting a raise in the two years I've worked here sucks. And a guy I had classes with when I was doing my MBA just became a partner at his firm, so that doesn't help my mood either.

I want an easy accounting job for the city or something. The pay there sucks even more, though.

Edit: Today's Friday, though, and that doesn't suck.
Edit 2: I had lunch and pooped, so I'm in a better mood now. Accounting still sucks, though.
Sup.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Re: Being an accountant sucks

Post by Andvari300 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Thought you made good money actually lol
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:29 pm

I do, but it should be better every year. At the minimum, cost of living increases should be standard.
Sup.

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Update: I found out yesterday that we were losing the client that caused me to post this topic in the first place. It's great news because I hated doing their work, but it sucks to lose a high paying client, specifically one that I worked on and now gives me one less thing to do.
Sup.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:43 am

Haven’t seen it yet but judging by cover image being an accountant is mostly gun fights, car chases and damsels in distress.

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:24 am

I thought that movie was the dumbest thing I had ever heard of until I watched it, and it was actually pretty good.
Sup.