Let go

Come relax and talk about life.

Moderator: Super Moderator

grim1500

Let go

Post by grim1500 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:30 pm

So, one of our partners at work is leaving to go work for a bigger firm in the state, so we're losing a ton of our clients. I was told today that they're having to let me go because of that. I knew the partner was leaving a few weeks ago and I worried they may let me go, but I never thought it would be this soon. They only officially announced he was leaving today and a couple hours later they told me they wouldn't need me anymore (can't afford me, really, because of how much work we're losing). I thought I would for sure have a job through tax season since it's such a busy time.

So now I have to find something. I just feel so dead inside right now.
Sup.

Sensor Echo

Re: Let go

Post by Sensor Echo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:58 am

Oh shit dude. :(

That's fucked up, Aaron. You deserve more warning than that.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:48 am

Collect unemployment and start hunting dude. Sorry that happened. No loyalty in the work force.
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:31 pm

I forgot to include this in my original post, but I have a job for a couple of weeks at least. He told me we had enough work to last 3 or 4 weeks into December, but then he said "so you can count on a few more paychecks." The middle of December is more than a "few" paychecks to me, so I'm not sure when exactly my last day will be if I don't find something else before then. He also told me to let him know if I don't find anything in a couple of weeks and he'll call the unemployment office for me (gee thanks). You wouldn't call the unemployment office if I wasn't unemployed, so I'm operating under the assumption that I only have a job for another 3 weeks.

Unemployment in Alabama is hilariously low (shocker, I know). The max you can get is $265/week. That's a fourth of what my weekly check is where I am, so I definitely can't count on that. A bigger firm about 30 minutes from here told me to send them my resume, so I did that yesterday. I also sent one to a client that my current firm is losing. They just went through a big investment and hired a CFO that's going to take over the accounting, so they may need someone. They're about a 45 minute drive away.
Sup.

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Any word from either of those two firms?

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:36 pm

I had two interviews with our client and found out today I got the job. I'll start on November 4th. The salary is 31% more than what I currently make and they only work Monday-Thursday. No more tax season hours, only 4 days a week, and a huge pay increase. Sign me up.
Sup.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Looks like being let go was a positive thing my good man.
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni

R.A.J

Post by R.A.J » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:31 am

I was about to say the same thing. It's great that something good could come from being let go.

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:25 pm

HOORAY!

Forced upgrade. :)

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:43 am

Last day of work at my old job. See ya, suckers. (They actually gave me a really nice watch as a going away gift, which was thoughtful, but some severance instead would have been nicer.)
Sup.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:37 pm

I have an interview on Thursday for a supervisor job.

R.A.J

Post by R.A.J » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 pm

Please don't fuck it up. Hope it's going well. You can do it!

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Ooh, exciting! I hope you get it dude. How'd it go?

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:07 pm

Think I did ok. Will find out this week hopefully

Divergent

Post by Divergent » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:52 am

R.A.J wrote:Please don't fuck it up. Hope it's going well. You can do it!
XD

Goodness gracious, I've missed KZ [face_love]
[face_Pre] Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up

deplorable

Post by deplorable » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:18 am

R.A.J wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 pm
Please don't fuck it up. Hope it's going well. You can do it!
bruh XD

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 am

Truly sick burns like that are how you know you are loved.

Indilwen

Post by Indilwen » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Damn Aaron, that was a real shit thing for your old bosses to pull, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end!

Dennis, what happened with you?
The good news is it really doesn't matter
The other good news is an apple Jolly Rancher
And it won't heal wounds, but it will heal moods
And it's sweet and it's sour and it's green and it rules.
Can't do much so the cut won't sting
But you can make a couple taste buds go z-z-z-zing!

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Failed lol

Indilwen

Post by Indilwen » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Rippp I'm sorry :(
The good news is it really doesn't matter
The other good news is an apple Jolly Rancher
And it won't heal wounds, but it will heal moods
And it's sweet and it's sour and it's green and it rules.
Can't do much so the cut won't sting
But you can make a couple taste buds go z-z-z-zing!

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:07 pm

It’s ok. Is what it is. Still making the bacon.